“Our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, or even at their difficulty, as at the love in which we do them.” St. Th√©r√®se of Lisieux
Confirmation fee: This includes the gown with letters and the retreat.¬† You may submit payment online if you like via PayPal by going to our main page.¬† Your name when you “buy” proves as payment.¬† Checks may be sent into class in an envelope with your child’s name on it.¬† Checks are made payable to St. Margaret Church.¬† Kindly place “Confirmation Fee” in the memo.
Dress Code: Confirmation Candidates and sponsors are expected to be dressed in proper Church attire. Girls dresses should not a reasonable length and should not be revealing. Boys should wear dress pants and a dress shirt. No Jeans, shorts, tight fitting clothing, sneakers or flip flops.
Requirements: Confirmation candidates are required to complete ALL of the requirements, as well as the coursework. Failure to do so will cause a risk of not being able to receive.
Confirmation Requirements and Sponsor Form
The following are suggestions. ¬†Please make sure you have your parent’s permission, and be sure to work with a classmate, friend, or family member.¬† I also strongly suggest you consider trying a few different types of service. ¬†You may find a vocation in working with elderly people or small children or the poor. ¬†You may find you love teaching, working in the medical field, or meeting some religious in your travels. ¬†If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. ¬† ¬†
- Organize a pantry, toy, or coat drive. ¬†Spend time understanding the organization and what they do
- Help serve at a Soup Kitchen
- Make sandwiches for the poor
- Make rosaries and donate them to missions in various parts of the world
- Volunteer at a nursing home, visiting patients and spending time listening and talking with them; help transport them to a Mass within the nursing home
- Assist in a classroom helping younger children with snack, lunch, or reading to them.
- Tutor children for free
- Make cards for the homebound in your parish (never sign your name)
- Contact your Assembly person and learn ways to help in the neighborhood (clean ups/beautifying a neighborhood, assist on major recycling events, etc)
- Sign up to assist at a major fundraising event to help those in need
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Seek out ways to help in your parish